College certificates have over the last several years become more popular and more people are choosing to pursue them. You might have come across people in your circle of friends who have happily begun their journeys to pursue college certificate programs. They all have good reasons as to why they made this decision but some are still taken aback as to what a certificate is and certainly in the dark on the variety of benefits they provide.
What Is A Certificate?
A college Education certificate approves your knowledge of specific skills usually in demand in the workplace. Basically, a certificate is evidence that a student successfully went through and completed education and /or training in a certain field during their college courses. Relying on the type of program you are expected to take, a certificate serves as evidence that you indeed finished education or training and obtained skills in a particular area of study or practice. Likewise, majorities of college degrees serve as general proof of completion school too but do not have selected workplace transferability. Possession of these transferable skills is highly coveted by a lot of employers, more so those in demanding work fields.
Southern New Hampshire University certificates offer specialized education and training in fields that occasionally require specific skills set. In the present day, there are numerous opportunities for the modern-day student unlike in the past when many certificates relevant to trade, technical and vocational schools. The fields that a certificate student could enroll in include Medical, Security, Legal, Information technology, Business and more.
The Difference Between A Certificate And A Degree
- Certificate programs have an estimated lifespan of 3-9 months and are short-term, low in cost, and have high rates of completion compared to degrees.
- The students are able to nurture transferable skill-sets specific to the work field or type of job they so wish to be practicing because certificates offer very particular education and training. Students are also able to directly get into the coveted area of focus and to graduate in a comparatively shorter time frame with the skills they require to excel in the work field.
- Degree programs on the flipside are long-term programs, usually 2 to 4 years if the student can entrust to full time and without taking breaks from school. Degrees demand students to take general education studies and sometimes a requirement of classes according to the student’s field of choice, besides providing knowledge and study in the student’s major focal point.
- Both are of great value to students. Lack of a post-secondary education or an equally significant training and experience to fill in can adversely set you back career-wise. A post-secondary education is therefore not only pleasing to employers but in a number of times necessary in present times.
- You necessarily do not have to choose between the two as it isn’t an either/or situation. You are allowed to have both under your arm if you so desire and can, therefore, pursue them in order. Whether in short of time or in need to get right into the work field in no time, a certificate could be a major steppingstone towards your future and long-term goals Adding a certificate program to your already acquired degree to add a number of skills in your practice and have a face-lift of your resume could potentially help with progressing your career. Certificates could be in some cases the only education requirement to advance you to your desired position career-wise.
Benefits Of Taking A Certificate Program
Below Is Some Of The Advantage That Comes With Pursuing A Certificate Program.
- Short term, graduate in a year or less
- Relatively cheap
- Provides specially designed training courses for your major and area of focus/interest
- Makes one marketable
- Versatile – Can serve as your education, complement current degree(s), and/or serve as a stepping-stone toward your long-term goals
- Helps to get your foot into the door of a new career field
- Makes you a qualified candidate for huge careers
- It is a way to explore a new career field in before investing years into it
- It is a way to maintain significance within your industry
Southern New Hampshire University certificate programs are increasingly growing in popularity especially in present day’s very busy, on-demand world. The short-term rates of completion for certificate programs, their flexibility, and their cost-effectiveness are extremely enticing to lifestyles of the military spouses who are occasionally on the move across the country.